I'm Joseph Mayuga, a graphic designer and network engineer based near Los Angeles. Although I work in a technical field, my passion lies in the creative arts where I strive to capture the essence of my subject matter, yet still apply a high level of detail and accuracy.
My interests span many areas including PC gaming/building, the automotive world and all the latest vehicle technologies (in-car screens/UX, powertrains, styling), photography, high-resolution video, anime, digital and classic illustrations and some costume/prop design.
A few other things about me:
- I have 3+ years of experience in graphic design producing various print materials, conforming to different technical requirements while also balancing creative differences and conflicting demands that can sometimes affect some of the principles of good design.
- I have 12+ years of experience supporting the nationwide (mostly Cisco) LAN and wireless LAN infrastructure of one of the largest automobile corporations.
- I have worked on multi-million dollar projects to uplift Cisco hardware on a massive scale (2 data centers, a 22-building campus and 70+ nationwide field sites) all in a production environment and within an ITIL framework.
- I've created over 50 terrible levels for Starcraft II and gave each of them even worse names, but they are all beautiful and technically sound.
- I'm learning Unreal Engine 4 so I can someday make terrible games.
- I love following the latest developments in 3D graphics and am excited about the news about real-time ray-tracing for game applications.
- I've switched to gaming laptops as they are self contained and are now nearly as powerful as desktop PCs. Gaming at 120 fps on a 120Hz G-Sync panel has spoiled me and as much I love HDR, 4K and even 8K, frame rate is king to me.
- When someone asks me how to do something, I usually reply with, "What are you trying to accomplish?" which many times leads to finding a better, more efficient solution.
- I am a published PC game and hardware reviewer.
- I taught myself CSS and learned how to set up Amazon Web Services, trying both Windows 2016 Server and Ubuntu to host websites and I hand-coded this page with Sublime Text editor (so yes, I know it could look better).
- My cosplay has been featured on many popular sites like Gizmodo and 9gag.
- I am a detail-oriented connoisseur of the English language, but am not above unironically appreciating the terrible grammar, spelling, and typos of the Internet.
- I am an audiophile, but no longer purchase expensive snake-oil products.
- I used to use markers and watercolors for illustrations but Adobe Photoshop and a Wacom Cintiq have opened up a whole new world of unlimited colors, layers, and undos.